Welcome to the website of the
NSW Institute for Educational Research
The NSW Institute of Educational Research Inc. was founded in 1928. In 2008 the NSW IER celebrated its 80th year dedicated to encouraging study, research and service in education.
Through the year, the NSW IER conducts professional and scholarly meetings. It also contributes to the publication of a national IER research journal and an occasional Bulletin. Membership is open to people with a commitment to education and an interest in educational research. Teachers and new educational researchers are warmly encouraged to join.
Important upcoming dates!
So, what’s happening? It’s a conference with a twist?!?!
- Keynote on how to get published by Professor Paul Chandler Executive Director Early Start and Pro Vice Chancellor (Inclusion & Outreach) UOW. A previous Beth Southwell award recipient, in 2008 Paul was named one of Australia’s ten most pre-eminent researchers.
- Presentation of the Beth Southwell Awards for outstanding PhD thesis
- Speed-dating – get to know your contemporaries, they’ll be your colleagues one day!
- Dinner – and a chat with your new friends!
- Student presentations – this could be you! Come and share you’re research project, we’d love to hear from you. 15 mins (10 mins present, 5 mins questions)
- Star studded competitions – a bit of healthy inter-university rivalry, three high-profile judges (for two awards), but you get to vote who will win ‘best presentation’!
Details of the Event
Title: NSW Research Showcase
Where: Building 20, University of Wollongong NSW (opposite the Library)
When: Sat 8th November 2014
Cost: All presenters and guests will pay $25 per person for dinner.
Getting there: http://www.uow.edu.au/transport/index.html
Would you like to present?
Please email your name, the name of your university and a presentation title and abstract to Sean Kearney at email@example.com before 03/10/2014
Flyer and registation coming soon!